Saturday, September 27, 2008

21 Rules


I was at the house of one of our local pastors recently and saw a sign posted on their fridge that said "The 21 Rules of This House." I wondered what that was, and as I looked closer I was very inpressed! I looked it up online and discovered that it is a book written by Greg Harris (Joshua's dad!) and many people are using it in their homeschooling! I am defintely going to be getting it as soon as I can. I am very intersted in reading through it. If you have read it, or know anything else about it, please let me know!! I am posting the rules below:




1. We obey our Lord Jesus Christ
2. We love, honor and pray for one another
3. We tell the truth
4. We consider one another's interests ahead of our own
5. We speak quietly and respectfully with one another
6. We do not hurt one another with unkind words or deeds
7. When someone needs correction, we correct them in love
8. When someone is sorry, we forgive them
9. When someone is sad, we comfort them
10. When someone is happy, we rejoice with them
11. When we have something nice to share, we share it
12. When we have work to do, we do it without complaining
13. We take well care of everything God has given us
14. We do not create unneccessary work for others
15. When we open something, we close it
16. When we turn something on, we turn it off
17. When we take something out, we put it away
18. When we make a mess, we clean it up
19. When we do not know what to do, we ask
20. When we go out, we act just as if we were in this house
21. When we disobey or forget any of the 21 Rules of This House, we accept the discipline and instruction of the Lord

No comments: