Thursday, September 11, 2008

TGIF - almost!




We are almost through with our first week of homeschool this year and things are going really well! Though John in particular is still NOT a fan of doing school - we have had no major attitude problems, and I have even watched as John helped Andrew learn sounds by playing memory the other day! Aunt Lorraine was here today and gave Andrew some extra special attention (since she use to teach 1st grade) and he was in heaven! We have made 4 trips to the library in the last week, and that is awesome! I am glad that we went this direction with the curriculum! I have attached a few pics of Anna and Andrew doing work today!


We are getting settled and this apartment is starting to feel like home! It is really cozy! We are so thankful that God provided the way he did!


I am getting ready to host a crew of college kids on Saturday (I hope!) I look forward to being the one to be able to serve them good food away from home and provide a place of relaxation and fun! I love college age people!

1 comment:

mcladr said...

Hey Heather,

I am so glad to hear that all is well with your family and that you are starting to feel at home in your new place. Kacy and I would love to come and visit if you'll have us. Let me know. You can email me at mclaughlindr@upmc.edu