Friday, September 5, 2008

Brownstones and Books!


Well, we are moved in and almost settled! It's hard to believe the twists and turns our lives have taken in the past two years - but it has been a fun ride! Last year when we packed up, gave stuff away, burned stuff, and stored stuff to move to Africa, we felt it was a long term thing! Little did we expect that a year later we would be living on the top story of a beautiful brownstone in Troy, NY filled with wonderful furniture and other things from all of you! CRAZY!

We are feeling like this is starting to be home! We got library cards a few days ago - we can walk to the library, it is only a block or two away! We got TV, internet and phone hooked up today! And we are meeting neighbors and getting familiar with the area!

I am reading the newest "No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency" book! I love this series! (Have I mentioned that before? LOL!) The problem is, it is making me very homesick for Africa! There are so many stories and ways that the author says things that take me back to places in Malawi! I am going to love living here in Troy, but I do pray that God takes us ack to Africa someday! I always heard that Africa gets in your blood...and it definitely did mine!


No comments: