Saturday, July 26, 2008

My BFF, Lola!

It's true, I have a new BFF! She is smart and patient, gentle mannered, and never loses her calm no matter how manyt times I don't listen to her! I love my in-law's GPS system! I call her Lola after the GPS unit in the insanely funny movie, RV. Anyway...moving on!
I took Shawn to the sirport for his EE interview today. We had to leave at 4:30 AM and I was in Rochester all day waiting for him to return. (In fact, I am sitting in a hotel parking lot right now soaking up the free wi fi - how sad is that!?!) :) I do not know why it didn't occur to either one of us that he could have just paid for parking for the day! We are losers! LOL!
He called after the interview and said that it went very well, and the guy wants us to continue in the process of going with EE. It would be in western Africa - Ghana (weird, huh, Lorraine?) BUT after talking in great length to the man, it is not really the type of thing that we would enjoy all that much! It is a lot of administration and very little relationship and discipleship. Of course, we would do that on our own, but the "job" would definitely be a job, and that is not really what we want. We will pray about it, but I think this is a closed door.
So now what?
You tell me if you get any burning bushes or visions...cause I am at a loss.
We are waiting to hear from the church, and we will look at a few other options that we put on the wayside because we want to look at one thing at a time.
Whew...
I am ready for Lola to take me home!!!

No comments: