Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Jesu ndi Wabwino

It's been a while since my last post and I still don't really know what to write about. There is a lot of things happening in our lives and inside of each of us, but not things that would be of interest to most of you...or things I want to post all about! LOL!
Recently Shawn and I met with a man from SIM about missions opportunities. Though there are a lot of exciting ones, and I think the organization is a wonderful one, we cannot really think through those things right now. We told him that we needed to focus on the church here now for the next year, like we committed to. Then there is the continuing issue of our school debt still being there...SIM doesn't let you go with any outstanding amount. So here we are again, and here I am again feeling helpless. Though I suppose that is the best place to be, since God needs to be the one to make things happen and put things into place. We want to be sure that He is opening doors and sending us next time!
We have continued to hear from the guys in Malawi and Shawn is doing an online discipleship process with them. They are no longer part of acts 3 and are kind of floundering trying to figure out what is next. I still have a heart for them and honestly am praying that God opens doors for us to be abck with them someday.
But now we are here. And we met with a counselor this week to go through some of the things that happened over the last year. It was such a relief to have her give us permission to grieve and mourn and to do that in the way that is best for each of us. She encouraged us to love each other and be patient. I think we have an amazing marriage...but I am never against getting godly counsel from people...especially ones who have "been there, done that!" This couple was in AFrica for many years as missionaries and now do a lot of counseling with other missionaries.
Things seem to be going well at the church. The kids are making friends and there are some people that we are getting to know that I really like. God is Good!

No comments: