Monday, June 16, 2008

Things of the past

Well, this has been a very emotional past few months for my family. I am not sure we even realized how much we were affected by the last year! So many people keep apologizing for the way things panned out in Malawi, but I want to tell you (though I appreciate your love) it was not a bad experience in general! I have been working through some of my feelings of grief recently. Some have wondered about my mourning a place that we lived only 8 months and where we had a lot of crazy experiences and adjusting. I have even wondered this myself. Honestly, while I really cared for the people we worked with and loved the other relationships I formed, I still realize that it was less than a year. There were some good relationships - especially with the other missionaries - that I am missing a great deal. And there were many other things that I felt were "on the verge" of being really amazing - whether that be ministry things, relationships, or even in our family. But I was still puzzled by the feelings that I was continuing to experience.
Then yesterday in church I was having trouble focusing (nothing to do with the sermon - I was thinking too much!) So I started flipping through my bible and it suddenly hit me why I am grieveing Malawi so much right now. When we were first there and I was experiencing intense lonliness and wondering whar God was up too, I immersed myself in Psalms. All through that book I have names of people in Malawi written, situations that I was praying for, and personal things having to do with Malawi. There are places where I wrote about my anger, my lonliness, my amazement with God's provsion and love, and my frustrations. There are names of people that I love written next to special passages, and answers to prayers that I saw unfold.
Though I look back on my time and wonder what exactly my part was in Malawi, I can see that my prayer life was pushed to a point it had never been (therefore my love relationship with our Savior was automatically stretchd and grown!) Also, my love for these people and this country was birthed in a way that is different from a normal love.
Am I making any sense? LOL!
I am not saying all this for any reason other than becuase I am working it out in my head, and it helps to blog and get your thoughts!
Thank you for your continued prayers for us as we heal, grow, and seek!

No comments: