Thursday, June 5, 2008

Make new friends, keep the old...

One is silver and the other is gold!
Do you remember that little song that we used to sing as kids? The older I get, the more I realize this is true!
We have spent this week in PA/OH visiting friends. The beginning of the trip included one of our best friends in college and his wife, Matt and Patti. They have 3 year old twins and just had a baby yesterday, so it was a fun visit! The twins adore my kids, and it is fun to watch them be the "big" kids that the other kids want to follow around and be like! I will try to post pics when we get home!
Then we made it to Jamestown for the graduation party of Nathan Stevenson, and we are at their house for another week. We got together with all the people from the church and area that we love and missed. In fact, we have been on the go since we got here! I am not complaining though - it is nice to be loved and missed! And I realized how very much these wonderful people will always be a part of our lives! We met the new pastor and his wife and really like them - God placed the perfect people here! He is an encourager, and the church needed that!
I got to spend time with some of the families that I strive to be like when it ocmes to parenting and loving God. If you don't have any of those in your life, you need to find them, because it is a wonderful thing!
Since Shawn's dentist appointement was cancelled because his dentist broke his arm (Yikes) we decided to stay an extra week (after talking to the pastor and the district to make t was ok) so the kids can go to VBS here. Terry has her two grandchildren here this week from Georgia, so my kids are loving that too!
One of the things I realized that has been a blessing about at the moving that we have done is the friend factor. At each church or place that we have lived we have developed friendships that have become real and long lasting. Recently I even hooked up with my best friend though high school, and that has been such a blessing! To have friendships where people have known you your whole life almost is fun, crazy, and a little unconfortable sometimes...but a good reminder of what God is doing and has done in our lives!
We continue to seek out God's next step for our future. We have done a lot of talking with people we love and respect here, and I am thankful for the chance to process things a little more. We filled out the application for EE and will be talking with them after they contact all our references (we hope!) LOL! We thank you for your continued prayers!
Please keep Emmanuel and Frank in your prayers. Frank is the missionary that is living in the house that was ours there and is working with th guys. Acts III is giving them many problems, and I am feeling bad for getting Frank mixed up in it all! He's a big boy, and he is a good friend, so I am sure he can handle it, but you can still be praying for him!
Keep in touch and let us know what is going on in your life!

No comments: