Tuesday, May 6, 2008

what's up with us?

Well, we have been visiting parents and family this past week. I tried to post a picture of Anna and her bff and cousin Libby, but it takes too long on dial up! I enjoyed seeing my mom and we were able to speak at my grandmother's Methodist church and my mother's independant church. We are now back in Ithaca and I am getting ready to speak at a mother and daughter banquet on Friday night and then at an Alliance Women's night on Monday! Busy, busy! Shawn will be leaving to go to Colorado Springs in about a week and a half, so we will have more concrete info to share with you all about our future then! (PRAY!!!!)

The kids have enjoyed a couple weeks off from school as we travelled and stuff, but we officially started again today, amid moans and groans! (They think it is the highlight of my day, apparently!) They are enjoying being at Grandma and Grandpa's house and jumping on the trampoline, riding bike, and playing outside! (I am still waiting for warm weather!) LOL

Shawn and I continue to get rested, pray, read, and talk with others that we trust about our future. We are feeling very free with the knowledge that God is in control and that HE holds our future in his hands!

Honestly, I have found myself missing people in Malawi, and missing some of the things there like our house and the familiar routine of life there! I am missing my dear friends there and the men and women we grew to know and love. It is an odd feeling to not know where "home" is! Everyone says, "Welcome home!" and I wonder..but then someone asked if Malawi was home, and I had to wonder...we were only there 7 months! I guess maybe realizing that the only time I will really be home is heaven is a good thing! Actaully, our kids have voiced the same thing in not so many words, and I am glad that they are understanding this concept already!

In not-so-romantic-mission-field news...we are REALLY trying to potty train RJ! Once again...pray! AHHHHH! I hate this aspect of motherhood! Thankfully we live with my mom-in-law who is like the potty training master!

So, not much exotic or exciting happening here! Let us know what is going on with you!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello Wallaces. I love your blogs. Have you had any contact with anyone in Malawi. I was just wondering how Maureen and Emmanuel were doing. My girls and I pray for them. Please pray for Ed as he is having surgery tomorrow in Pittsburgh on his foot. He will be laid up for 12 weeks. Are you guys coming our way at all? Let me know. Kacy is anxious to see Anna. Love, Deanna