Monday, May 12, 2008

a little of this and a little of that...

Hi all! Just wanted to tell you that we got an email from Emmanuel yesyeday, and he seems to be doing ok with the stuff happening in his life. You can keep praying for him!
Shawn is still very sick with his ear or teeth...whatever it is, he is up all night in pain and is not getting rest. And we still are waiting for all the paperwork to go through so we can get him to a dentist and doctor! Please pray for him, especially since he has to be on a plane next week when he goes to Colorado Springs.
I had a very nice mother's day going out to lunch with family and then spending the rest of the day at Rob and Deb's. I hope you all had a good day too!
I spoke at a mother daughter banquet Friday night in Medina, NY and had a wonderful evening with some lovely ladies! They seemed responsive to my testimony, and I enjoyed meeting them! I have to admit, I am not exactly thrilled at being forced into the role of "speaker" just because I am a missionary, but God continues to stretch and grow me! I realize a lot of the reason that I get nervous is pride, and that has no place in my life anyway! I speak again tonight at Shawn's parent's chuch to a group of ladies. I do not have butterflies yet...
RJ is doing wonderfully with the potty training! It is really a relief! I know that there are some of you thinking, "Too much info!" But think back to ttimes of buying diapers and stuff, and you will know why I am soooooo excited! LOL!
Have a wonderful day!!!

No comments: